Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gotcha!

The Mom person here...and I'm taking over the blog!  Don't worry...it's just for the day!  Today is a special day here at the Misadventure's home front...it's T.S.'s gotcha day.  T.S. has been with us for two wonderful years now. 

I was in a bad place two years ago....you see my step father, the man who raised me, had just past away in August.  It came out of nowhere and destroyed my world.  I took some much needed time off work to clear my head...but sitting at home alone all day just wasn't helping.   So it was decided (mainly by me) that we need a little kitten to help heal some the hurt in our lives.  I spent days searching rescues online and then I saw him: a beautiful blue eyed Siamese mix.  I map quested the address given to my by the "rescue"....picked the boy up early from school and set off in a rain storm to make the hour and half drive.

When we got to the "rescue" (please note the quotes) the boy and I found it was not a rescue AT ALL.  We were ushered into a tiny house full of cats, kittens, and dogs.  We handed over our ten dollars and got the hell out of there as fast as we could.  Poor T.S. was covered in fleas and had a terrible upper respiratory infection (but we didn't find that out until days later when green snot started to leak from his nose).

Thanks to some horrible directions our drive home soon turned in to a four hour back road trip that took us through what I'm now sure were just fields with paths through them.  The boy cried, I cried and poor T.S. meowed...but I wouldn't change a thing.   T.S. brought joy and laughter to our hearts again and helped heal some of the hurt.

Little baby T.S. 


T.S. guarding the boy during a nap 


T.S.'s first Christmas 


T.S. hanging out in his cave


T.S. thinks he's a baby


Beautiful blue eyes


Silly photo 


Playing with his new feather toy


Happy Kitty!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment