Friday, June 1, 2012

Road Trip!!!

Hi its me Teddy and I'm taking over the blog....well at least for this post anyways!



Wednesday night the Mom got a facebook message from IL....the Man's brother J's girlfriend.  IL told the Mom person that she and J were flying in and asked if there was any way that the Man could come and pick them up from the airport the very next day.  Sure...just one problem the airport is four hours away and the Man had to work. The Man works nights and would only have time to sleep for a couple of hours before he had to head to the airport....the Mom person didn't want him making the long drive on his own so she said she would come too.  She messaged IL back and said it was a go!  Then IL messaged the Mom person back to say they would also be bringing their two dogs Riley (the beagle) and Roxy (the Maltese).  The Mom said no problem the more the merrier!   Oh and did I mention they were all flying in from Germany!?!   That's right Germany!!  J is in the U.S. Army and has been station over seas in Germany for the last couple of years...which is were he met his wonderful German girlfriend IL.   IL and J fly back and forth a couple times a year to see the family here in MO but they have never brought the dogs before.  And the only reason my german cousins are flying state side is because they are moving to America!!!   J and IL are visiting the family here in MO for a month or so before moving to J's new base in Washington! 

So yesterday morning the Mom person woke up nice and early to get things done before her and the Man had to head towards the airport.  When she was taking Moo and I out for our morning potty break she noticed that I had the water poops (or loose stool).   The Mom person started to worry....there was no way I could hold it for the eight hours or so they planned to be gone.   So the Mom and the Man talked about it and it was decided that I would go along for the ride!!  I had never been on such a looooong car ride before and the Mom person was worried about how I would do.   But I rode like a champ if I do say so myself!  

The Mom packed all my things: the car kennel, a water bowl, water, a snack, sweet potato "shut up sticks", toys and my bed!    Before we left she ran me up and down the road to try and burn off some of my energy!  


Plese no more running!!  I'm ready....lets do this!
    

I spent the first three hours down here...


...chewing on my sweet potato "shut up sticks"!


We stopped by this church so I could take a crap...I mean poop!  ;)


And once by this busy road.  Don't worry the Mom had a death grip on my leash.


After about three hours I took noticed of the fact we were in a car.  


After awhile I decided to nap...and the only way to nap is to have your the Mom person hold your head in her hand. 



About 30 minutes outside of the city with the airport (no names b/c the Mom is doesn't want internet crazies to find us...but the city does have "the arch" in it) we got a call from J....his and the dogs flight was delayed 5 hours!!!   But IL was still landing at 6pm....so we high tailed it over to the airport to meet IL.  J and IL were on different flights because the Army paid for J and IL had to buy her own ticket.  We had some time to kill so the humans met up with baby L's parents R and B and had dinner with them.  It was great for the Mom person to get to see her cousin R and catch up.  And for all of you who were wondering L is doing great and was moved out of the ICU today...that's just 3 days post op!!!  This kid's a fighter!!  After dinner we still had about 2 hours before J's flight would get in.  So the Man and the Mom drove IL by the arch and the river front so she could at least say she'd seen part of the city.  Finally after 5 hours J's flight got in! 



Roxy and Riley free at last



Meeting my german cousins


That's three dog kennels and a whole lot of baggage!  All doggies were allowed to ride on their the Mom person or their Man for the ride home. 


On the ride home the Mom and I slept most of the way home....we only woke up to glare at everyone at bathroom stops....we didn't make it home till 5am.  Just in time for the Mom person's alarm clock to go off for work....she didn't go....she stayed home and loved on poor Moo Moo who had to stay home by herself longer than the Mom intended.  Don't worry....the Mom is already planning something special to make up for it!    
















2 comments:

  1. What an adventure ...

    We have been praying for baby L - hope she continues to get stronger every day!

    Hope your tummy is better!

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster & Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tummy is much better! My the Mom person boiled me some chicken to eat and I'm feeling much better!

    L is doing wonderful!! Her dad was talking about her coming home in a week or so!

    Teddy Boy

    ReplyDelete